So I haven’t been here in awhile. But I have a lot on my mind today..and where better to dump my random thoughts on than the interwebs.
Call it a brain dump if you will.
- I think this is the reason I haven’t been blogging lately. Most of my thoughts are a sentence or two..and I think..who would want to read that? So I skip it and don’t blog.
- Holden doesn’t even look like that baby up there anymore. We had a conversation the other day which sort of blew my mind parts. He said, “Mommy, I need oranges”. I said, “Alright, I’ll get you some”…and then he said “Okay Mommy. Thanks”. Then whilst eating said oranges he comes up with this gem, “Thanks so much Mommy”.
- He sounds polite right? Notsomuch. At his nanny’s (fancy name for in-home daycare–but she prefers nanny to babysitter..I can’t blame her she’s a 37 year old woman not a 13 year old girl) Holden dropped his crayons and busted out with “What the hell!” in front of all his little tiny friends. I should mention this was right after they prayed for their lunch.
- I thought the pull to want to stay at home with your kids was supposed to get easier as they got older..not worse? He’s just SO much fun these days. I want to hang with this kid all the time. Stupid work.
- I forgot to buy dog food for the 2nd day in a row. I am completely unmotivated and just fed my dog a bowl full of Cheerio’s.
- Holden can eat 4 bags of Oatmeal for dinner and be super pumped about life.
- Reilly (my dog) barks every time the neighbor’s come home…and poor Holden always says, “Daddy’s here”. Dave works til 8 and it kind of breaks my heart to tell him it’s not him
- 70 Days until school is over. Round house kicks and finger guns in every general direction. This year has been so hard. I love what I teach but one of my classes is challenging and the other can be emotionally draining. I still love those stinkin’ kids though.
- I have apparently coined “stinkin” as my new phrase. I say it all the time.
- I had the stomach flu last week..Dave & I caught it from Holden. It was awesome and I have never been more excited to have 2 toilets in our house. It was that bad. It did lead to an impromptu Sistare Family Sick Day a few weeks ago. I went to work..got a call that Holden was sick so I had to leave early and go get him and then a little bit later Dave came sulking in still sick. Yuck.
- We got Holden a potty training toilet. It’s Lightening McQueen (nothing else will do I’m telling yah) and it goes “Vroom Vroom” when you use the flusher. We haven’t actually used the thing yet.
- I’m reading Pride and Prejudice for the first time. Yes, I’m on page 12 and yes, it’s been two weeks..but that’s how it goes around here now.
- I have so much work to do at school I feel like I could stay there for 24 hours a day for 7 days and still not get it all done.
- Dave got a new job (yeah!) but he works til 8 (*&^%)..so I don’t see him til 8:30 on weeknights. I go to bed at 10:00. Lots of quality time together. Not really.